Do It Now!
I procrastinate. Things that I know to do, at times I don’t do them. I defer the action or decision until a later time. I am not certain why I procrastinate. Maybe it is because I am looking for answers from two different places. James calls it being double-minded. Maybe it’s because I am waiting for the conditions of life to be perfect. Maybe my own fearfulness has become a trap of procrastination for me. It could be because of anger or it could be because I am lazy and not diligent. It could be that I allow less important things to crowd out the most important things.
Relationships (I know that it has hurt or frustrated people that I love)
Here is a pattern of procrastination:
- I’ll start early
- I’ve got to start this project soon
- I should have started this project sooner
- There’s still time to get it done
- What’s wrong with me that I can’t start it sooner
- I can’t wait any longer; I have to get it done in a hurry
- Just get it done
- Next time I’ll start sooner
Although I am far from having it all figured out, here are some things I’m learning about fighting and beating procrastination:
- Start today
- Develop a schedule – what gets written, gets done.
- Take bigger tasks and break them down into smaller tasks.
- Focus on the gain not the pain
- Be accountable to someone
- Do it now!
Don’t allow procrastination to rob you of another opportunity, another dollar, another hour, or even your legacy.
No more excuses!
What are some areas where you have procrastinated? What has it cost you? What are some things you have done to fight it?
Popularity: 4% [?]